Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Update and a Special Review

I just concluded the most intense semester in my academic career, but that meant that I had to shift my focus away from this blog and to completing the avalanche of coursework that was required. I was able to complete a review for Snake Eyes and publish last Tuesday for the first time in a month if you want to want to go back and see what a break does to my critical eye.

Despite catching up to my coursework and having a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, I was only able to complete one review for the project before flying across the country for a week. In order to keep the blog current, even though I don't have access to my regular accounts, I decided to write a letter to the various people on the plane ride out west whose entertainment choices were, shall I say, interesting. If you enjoy that letter, please do consider subscribing to my Letterboxd for similarly written reviews for movies. I have one serious review on that account that was written 8 years ago, but have since made it lie dormant until a muse inspires me (see: The Country Bears). As you may surmise, that account is not my review priority as this blog exists and has a defined purpose.

I had high hopes that my course load would stay manageable enough for me to work on putting together a kindle book this summer with my Cage reviews and selected essays, but that has stalled for the reason mentioned above. I still intend to work on this project, but it no longer has a projected completion date. See my support page for more details. I do have some sort of roadmap for future reviews, but any support that you all kick in can help in my selection paralysis.

Have a great week! I hope to have a new Nic Cage review ready next Tuesday at the normal scheduled time!

No comments:

Post a Comment