Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (2018) - Letterboxd Review

I have been trying to use my Letterboxd account for more reviews that didn't inspire me to spend too much effort into films that try and burn me out seriously and critically reviewing them. Teen Titans Go! To the Movies is one of those movies that I spent the first 15 minutes wanting to walk away from. I mention in my Letterboxd review for this movie that I haven't been so affected by cringeworthy material since 2017 when I saw The Lego Ninjago Movie in theaters, yet could not bring myself to walk out because I paid for a full-price movie ticket. The hour-ish runtime remaining just doubled down on the tone-deaf references to popular culture that were in their prime decades before the target audience was either alive or semi-conscious. 

Next week's review will be picked from a list that I have compiled as "palate-cleansers" for when I am assaulted by movies that threaten burnout in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment